Ingenza is a dynamic and well-established Industrial Biotechnology Company based at The Roslin Innovation Centre – a bespoke new £30 Million building! We have 40 members of staff and our team are young and multidisciplinary.
Our Molecular Biology team is responsible for all strain construction activities at Ingenza. Delivery of strains to our Biochemistry and Fermentation departments is fundamental to the outcome of an exciting and diverse range of projects within the company.
In return you will get the opportunity to work with a fun group of people who enjoy lots of sporty activities and socialising. Our state-of-the-art laboratories and brand-new offices provide wonderful views of the Pentland Hills not to mention the lovely coffee and cakes served up next door in Dolly’s Café where we all go for lunch! We have an onsite gym and free onsite parking as well as a regular bus route into the city centre and surrounding areas.
Skills / Experience
The candidate will have but not be limited to:
- An MSc or a PhD in Molecular Biology / Industrial Biotechnology (or related field) or an equivalent graduate degree with at least 3 years industrial experience.
- Experience of DNA assembly methodologies.
- Experience of yeast genetic engineering and characterisation.
- Experience with DNA analysis and manipulation software.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse and integrated team.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Approaches to increase workplace productivity.
- Line and project management experience.
Desirable skills but not essential would be for example:
- Ability to articulate technical information to a wider audience.
- Systematic approaches to experimental design and process optimisation.
- Transcriptomics experience (experimental setup and data analysis).
- Experience with multiple micro-organisms
- Position: Experienced Molecular Biologist
- Qualifications: PhD, Masters or Graduate but must have experience within industry
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: Roslin, Midlothian
- Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
- Hours: Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
- Work Pattern: Days
- Closing Date: Friday 6th of December 2019
- Pension: Available
- Other Employee Benefits: Profit sharing scheme