Ingenza is a growing and very well-established Industrial Biotechnology Company based at The Roslin Innovation Centre – a brand new building! We have 40 members of staff and our team are dynamic and multidisciplinary.
Our Chemistry team is fully integrated with the Molecular Biology and Fermentation departments at Ingenza. Our unparalleled knowledge and experience in biochemical assay development and analytical chemistry is fundamental to the delivery of results for a diverse range projects within the company.
In return you will get the opportunity to work with a fun group of people who enjoy lots of sporty activities and socialising. Our state-of-the-art laboratories and brand-new offices provide wonderful views of the Pentland Hills not to mention the lovely coffee and cakes served up next door in Dolly’s Café where we all go for lunch! We have an onsite gym and free onsite parking as well as a regular bus route into the city centre and surrounding areas.
Skills / Experience
The candidate will have:
- A PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry (or related field) or an equivalent graduate degree with at least 3 years industrial experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience in implementing, developing and optimising biochemical assays.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing analytical tools such as HPLC, GC and LC-MS.
- Confidence in maintenance and troubleshooting analytical instrumentation
- Proven ability to independently generate new ideas and deliver innovative approaches to increase workplace productivity.
- Line and project management experience.
Desirable skills but not essential would be for example:
- Ability to articulate technical information to a wider audience
- Systematic approaches to experimental design and process optimisation
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology, microbiology and fermentation
- Position: Senior Biochemist
- Qualifications: PhD, Masters or Graduate but must have experience within industry
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: Roslin, Midlothian
- Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
- Hours: Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
- Work Pattern: Days
- Closing Date: Friday the 15th of November 2019
- Pension: Available
- Other Employee Benefits: Profit sharing scheme, free onsite parking, onsite gym, BUPA Healthcare, flexible working and many more.