We are a high growth SME, providing world class engineering biology that allows our customers to advance and deliver products addressing key global challenges in human health and a more sustainable world.
We are a fun and dynamic team of 38 people with a passion for science and delivering for our customers.
There is a new and exciting opportunity at Ingenza for a candidate with knowledge and industrial experience in Molecular Biology to join our team in an interfacing role between Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at Team Leader level. The candidate will take a lead role in developing and delivering bioprocesses on an established customer project.
The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a Molecular Biology laboratory, project manage customer programmes, multitask to reach tight project deadlines, line manage colleagues and show a high aptitude for learning new skills as well as leading by example as a Senior member of the Molecular Biology team. A track record of critical thinking and experimental design methodology based on logical reasoning, critical evidence and background data is essential. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required. The candidate must show excellent organisation and managerial skills.
In return, the successful candidate will be embedded within a dynamic, sociable team in a role with flexible working hours focused on developing engineering biology solutions to real world challenges. This position will be based at brand new facilities at the Roslin Innovation Centre where there is regular bus links to the City Centre, free on-site parking, an on-site gym, on-site childcare and several on-site cafes – the perfect setting to meet colleagues over a coffee in view of the Pentland Hills.
The candidate will have:
- A PhD in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/Industrial Biotechnology (or closely aligned subject)
- Proven ability to work independently guiding all aspects of line and project management
- Previous experience of interacting and working directly with customers / end users would be essential
- Experience of strain engineering to develop bio-synthetic routes. A proven record of Molecular biology / genetic engineering / metabolic engineering is essential for this role.
- An excellent ability to interpret literature and use this to devise inventive solutions to problems or customer requests
- Excellent biochemistry knowledge and the ability to apply this to strain design processes
- Excellent experimental design, data analysis, and critical thinking
- Proven ability to lead and manage functional aspects of projects to realise project deliverables, milestones and goals. The successful candidate must be able to multitask, have excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and a flexible hard-working approach are key attributes for this position.
- Ability to ensure maximum performance and productivity from team members while promoting positive team interactions of staff across other departments.
Other expectations include:
- Experience in working under a Quality Management System (SOP’s, RA’s etc).
- A basic knowledge of analytical methods procedure (HPLC / GC / LC-MS).
- A basic understanding of Omics driven strain development processes.
- Willingness to improve company scientific practises and capabilities as well as the ability to identify and fill key technology gaps
- Knowledge and experience of standard bioinformatics software packages.
- Knowledge and experience in handling a variety of the most commonly used microbial hosts (Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas putida, Bacillus subtilis, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, etc.).
- Experience in Microbiology/Fermentation settings
- Position: Team Leader – Molecular Biology
- Closing date: Friday the 10th of February, 2023
- Location: Roslin, Midlothian
- Hours: Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
- Work pattern: Days
- Duration: Permanent
- Pension: Available
- Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience + inclusion in profit sharing scheme, health expenses cover, life insurance and employee benefits and rewards platform with access to range of deals and discounts
Ingenza believes that we best serve our customers by creating and supporting an inclusive and diverse team. All the qualified applicants will be considered regardless of their race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disabilities or age.